Monday, August 23, 2010

My Curiosity with Etsy's Alchemy


Maybe my curiosity was sparked by playing "The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion" with my husband; our character has leveled up to a "Journeyman of Alchemy" for we have worked diligently creating mystical potions with our mortar and pestle. However, I think the leading factor in sparking my curiosity with Etsy's Alchemy was stumbling across this thread in the Etsy forums in the Business Topics forum titled: "1000 Sales and How Alchemy Helped Me Get There".

http://www.etsy.com/forums_thread.php?thread_id=6599385

This post has enlightened and inspired me to give Alchemy a second chance on Etsy. I have tried it in the past and have only been turned down; yet luck might be on my side and I might just end up with a custom order! I like The Midnight Oranges' advice to hold off on clicking the "I Will Make This" button in order to post pictures of your finished custom order on Etsy and get featured on the "Recent Custom Creations" for other potential customers to see (this is something that I would not have thought of). I am mainly going to focus on suggesting items that I already have created that are listed in my Etsy shop (since my hand-painted upcycled decoupage canisters are a rather time-consuming and meticulous craft); however if the request is right, I might just offer a custom order...we will see. ;-) I do offer handmade soaps, exotic herbs, and other items to suggest too; I am hoping that my shop's variety with catch their eye!

My Shop:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/ecofriendlyfreckles


To all of you fellow Etsyians, good luck in your Alchemy aspirations! Now, I am off to make something magnificently magical!


By the way, my sister, Andrea, and I are really intrigued with learning about herbs and coming up with our own herbal tea blends for enjoyment and healing! I bet our homemade Christmas gifts are going to be awesome this year! I have some high-quality medicinal and exotic herbs in my etsy shop...if you are interested, you should check them out!

4 comments:

Sewn Inspirations said...

I read that too about alchemy, learned a lot. Nice blog!

Jessica Woody said...

Thank you Sewn Inspirations! :-D

MrsHull said...

I got a lot of orders from alchemy this time last year. They were mainly for halloween costumes, but work is work, right? Good luck with your orders and thanks for the reminder to check out the wants every once in a while.s

Jessica Woody said...

Thanks Lindsey for your input about your experience with Etsy's Alchemy! I bet Halloween costumes are very popular alchemy requests...you must be very creative and talented!