Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Kefir Sourdough Pizza!

Today I sold some more of my organic probiotic kefir grains! To celebrate this great success, I am posting another delicious kefir recipe: Kefir Sourdough Pizza!

Our kefir sourdough starter for our pizza crust:



My husband, Joe, and I got the idea from Dom's magnificent and very informative kefir website



You can view how to make the sourdough pizza starter and crust here (the recipe is located near the bottom of the page):

http://users.sa.chariot.net.au/~dna/kefir_cheese.html

My sweet husband Joe kneading the kefir pizza dough:



If you would like to make your own Kefir Sourdough Pizza or other scrumptious kefir recipes you can find the organic, probiotic kefir grain cultures in my etsy shop...all you need to do is purchase them once and you can make delicious, healthy kefir indefinitely!

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=44278796

3 comments:

Claire said...

Awesome, I'm a baker, too! So I will check this out!

Claire from Heartspace on Etsy

PS> I like your library posting, too!

Jessica Woody said...

Thank you Claire! I love baking; this is my biggest talent in the kitchen. Ha ha, I find myself baking more cakes than making meatloaves!...I am working on branching out with my entrees by baking pizzas! ;-)

Andrea said...

Wow, this pizza dough looks fabulous! And I'm thinking that the kefir cultures in this dough will act as a leavening agent; great for those trying to cut out yeast from their diets. :-)