Saturday, April 24, 2010

Chocolate Euphoria!


Do you need the ultimate cure for your chocolate attacks and cravings? Are you yearning for a cocoa delicacy to fulfill your deepest chocolate desires?! Well, I have found the answer to our crazed chocolate frenzies! This is a recipe for my favorite decadent dark, moist chocolate cake; I use my homebrewed organic probiotic kefir in this cake to give it that perfect moist, rich texture. If you would like to make your own Captivating Chocolate Kefir Cake or other scrumptious kefir recipes, you can find the organic, probiotic kefir grain cultures in my etsy shop...all you need to do is purchase them once and you can make delicious, healthy kefir indefinitely! This chocolate kefir cake is amazingly euphoric!

http://www.etsy.com/listing/45460962/kefir-a-cultured-dairy-product-full-of


Captivating Chocolate Kefir Cake

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup raw cacao (baking cocoa will work too)
2 cups granulated sugar (I use 1 - 1 1/2 cups)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (I use 2 teaspoons rum!)
1 cup kefir
1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 tsp. white vinegar
1 cup hot water

Heat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Butter two 8 -inch-round cake pans and line bottoms with parchment paper. Combine flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl. Add eggs, vanilla (or rum), sour cream (kefir or yogurt), butter, oil, vinegar (for leavening and a more tender cake), and 1 cup hot water, and mix with a wooden spoon until batter is smooth. Pour batter into prepared pans and bake until a toothpick comes out of the cake clean; 35 - 40 minutes. Cool cakes in pans for 20 minutes. Enjoy!

9 comments:

Etsy Studios said...

Chocolate is my most favourite indulgence. Your cake looks delicious!

ana said...

oooo. that looks so very yummy!

Anonymous said...

yum...got to try this!

Sarah Knight said...

that looks delicious : )

Tess said...

mmm, that looks so good. Right now I'm popping tootsie rolls but I would much rather have that!

Andrea said...

I have made this cake and love it!!! Superb Recipe Jessy ;-D

Crystal Escobar said...

ooh yum!!!! This looks sooo good. That probiotic kefer sounds very interesting. I've never used that before.

Crystal Escobar said...

by the way, I'm visiting you from Holly's blog. Now following you.

Jessica Woody said...

Thanks ladies! Yes, this cake is amazingly awesome! ;-D