Sunday, December 5, 2010

Vintage Cigar Boxes: Fun and Decorative Storage!

Need a place to store those loose odds and ends?! How about a classy, cool vintage cigar box?!
Cigar boxes are the perfect size for storing pens/pencils, matches, jewelry, etc. I am currently using two cigar boxes in my house; one for storing incense resins (pictured above) and the other for storing my husband's guitar accessories and harmonicas (pictured below). The vintage Muriel cigar box I have pictured above had some damage on the inside of the box so I covered it up nicely by draping a piece of black satin over the bottom.
Cigar boxes are also a unique and fun way to display hors d'oeuvres; great for a cocktail party...and even better for a Moulin Rouge themed party! Just place a piece of wax paper on the inside of the cigar box and you are good to go!Here is a swanky vintage cigar box that I have listed in my Etsy shop...

Vintage Bering Imperials Cigar Box

2 comments:

Andrea said...

This is it!!! A cigar box would perfectly function as that knick knack dish! Everything from earplugs to car keys would (hopefully) find their way here rather than just thrown on top of the dresser. I like it for this use because the box is very short and wide; so you don't have to rummage deep to find what you are looking for. Great idea, Jessy!

Jessica Woody said...

Ha ha, I was thinking about your earplug/husband's odds and ends fiasco when I wrote this blog post! I think a cigar box would be perfect and it might just be manly enough to catch his attention to use it (unlike a frilly key or jewelry dish)! ;-)