Friday, December 3, 2010

It's Read a New Book Month! My Pick: Organizing from the Inside Out

December is Read-A-New-Book Month! To celebrate this occasion, I would love to share with you all a book that I just can't put down..."Organizing from the Inside Out" by Julie Morgenstern. This book not only motivates me to organize my home and office but it also helps me take a look at my own personality, traits, and desires so I can figure out the most effective and personally pleasing way for me to organize my space and for me to want and enjoy keeping it that way! I encourage you all to purchase or check out this book at your local library so you can finally feel comfortable in your own space and instantly find what you are looking for with ease!

Hey there all of you crafty ladies and Etsy shop owners...I am talking to you! You all have got to check out this awesome book! ;-) Improving your organization skills may assist you in the success of your Etsy shop business as well as give you a more stress-free lifestyle...don't we all want that!

One of the organizing tips in this book that totally makes since to me it to use storage containers that fit your style, interest you, and make you smile...doing this will make organizing fun you and therefore easier to maintain. Here are some beautiful storage organizers that I found on Etsy that just might get some wheels turning in your head; but remember READ THIS BOOK before you start diving in so you will not make organizing mistakes that will take you off track...or you will end up back where you are now!

"Antique and Vintage Farm or Tool Crate - Wood Shelf" by Honey's Treasures

"Primitive Shelf, Coat Rack, Double Vase in Shabby Green - Home Organizer, Hat Rack, Coat Hooks, Key Holder" by TR Woodworks

"Antique Wood Magazine Rack" by Kizzyrayan123

"Vintage Coca-Cola Crate" by Riff Raff Review

"Hat Boxes - Stack of Four (4 boxes) Elegant Textured Leopard Pattern Miniature Millinery" by Petit Chapelier Emporium

...and lastly one of my own creations! A hand-painted upcycled decoupage canister makes a wonderful storage tin for your pens/pencils/paintbrushes, buttons/scissors/sewing supplies, spools of ribbons and lace, kitchen utensils, candle sticks, and many more uses...just use your organizing imagination!
"Paulie's Confession - Hand-Painted Upcycled Decoupage Decor Canister" by Eco-Friendly Freckles

3 comments:

pinkglitterfae said...

hey, I've had that book sitting on my shelf for years! unread of course, lol! no wonder I spend so much time looking for stuff. Thanks for the tip, I will need to pick it up one day, and try and organize myself.
Cute blog!

Jessica Woody said...

Ha ha, thanks PinkGlitterFae! I actually had this book sitting on my bookshelf for a little over a year before I picked it up just a couple of weeks ago...now I can't put it down and my home and office are becoming much for organized...my mind even feels less cluttered!

Andrea said...

LOVE IT!!! Yes, I certainly need to tackle my office.