Saturday, February 5, 2011

Become a Recycling Guild Master!

Helping our beautiful earth is very rewarding; recycling is one of the best ways to do this! Although, we can always try to improve our recycling skills so we can be on our way to be a Recycler's Guild Master! For inspiration, check out these wonderful upcycled, repurposed creations from the Etsy Recycler's Guild...I am so happy to be a member!

http://etsyrecyclersguild.blogspot.com/p/monthly-spotlight.html

I have stumbled upon some eye-opening information about the detrimental effects of American's consumption and the recycling solutions! Please check out this intriguing blog post titled "Baby Steps to Making a Difference" on the "Sew Sew Recycling" blog; she has a very informative video that I highly suggest you all see. Also, peak into her adorable Etsy shop "Recycled T's" filled with upcycled goodies!

Speaking of upcycled goodies, my newest hand-painted upcycled decoupage canister "Expressive Soul" is featured in a beautiful vibrant blue treasury titled "An Eclectic Mix" created by Sarah's Shoppe.
Here is a fun, lovely, and crafty upcycling project and great gift idea! On my sister Andrea's blog "Storybook Artifact" she features the pretty upcycled napkin holders I made for her out of recycled paper towel rolls. She also posts a couple links to some how to videos showing you just how to make this elegant napkin holders...this is a fun craft project!

http://storybookartifact.blogspot.com/2011/01/do-it-yourself-lovely-handmade-napkin.html
One of Andrea's items from her Storybook Artifact Etsy Shop was featured in a delightful treasury featuring all new undiscovered Etsy shops! Come check it out...it is titled "Pounce on These Undiscovered Shops" and is created by "Sunshine and Showers"; she features Andrea's Vintage Children's Storybook Cookie Cutters.

6 comments:

Gaynor Mann said...

Thanks so much for adding the link to my blog Eco-Friendly! The video will certainly make you take a long hard look at how our product consumption is contributing to a global mess. I was so thankful that The Family Herbalist brought it to my attention.

BTW, I love your recycled can containers! They are incredibly cute!

Eco-Friendly Freckles said...

It was my pleasure! This video definitely shocks, informs, and motivates you...a "must see" for sure!

Thank you Gaynor for the sweet complements! I am so happy that you fancy my upcycled decoupage canisters!

Ira Mency said...

This is so lovely and I really think we need you on our blog team!

I will write you soon!
Cindy

Eco-Friendly Freckles said...

Thank you Cindy! I am so happy to be a part of the Recycler's Guild...I love blogging too!

Artifact Andrea said...

Thanks for featuring my cookie cutters, Jessy! We have got to have tea again really soon!!! ... I guess once the weather permits it.

Eco-Friendly Freckles said...

You're welcome Andy...Yes we do need to schedule another tea party; once the snow thaws! ;-)