Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Eco-Conscious and Patriotic Pin Up Girls!

https://www.etsy.com/transaction/189292263 

Last month we sold these vintage 1950s Lady Liberty gloves in our sister shop LaOohLaLa Boutique to a woman who goes by "Miss Patriotic" on Etsy. She works at the The National WW2 Museum in New Orleans, Louisiana. She searched "patriotic pin up" and found our listing...perhaps these retro lovelies will be featured in a museum exhibit! How exciting! Speaking of patriotic pin ups, this reminds me of one of my handmade upcycled decoupage iPhone cases (image shown below) found in my Eco-Friendly Freckles Etsy shop.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/171158844/patriotic-pin-up-iphone-3-case-retro?ref=shop_home_active_13
I also recently added some new info to my Etsy shop About Page, which tells the story of how my upcycled decoupage iphone covers came to be; which is shared here as well:

As long as I can remember, I have been interested and practically obsessed with finding ways to reuse and repurpose items that are often thrown away. A couple of years ago when I watched the documentary film "Bag It", I became even more inspired to take action and informed about the drastically harmful and hazardous effects that plastics, in particular, cause on our environment. Around this time my husband discovered a box full of brand new cell phone covers near a dumpster, all still in their original packaging; each one is made of hard plastic or synthetic rubber. He took them home to me and I have transformed them into decoupage one-of-a-kind works of art that serve a purpose for protecting cellular devices. Like my upcycled decoupage vinyl record and tin can functional art pieces, the recycled cell phone and MP3 player cases are also decoupaged with 100% recycled paper ephemera. I am also excited about starting a new line of upcycled plastic yogurt cup party favor cups for all your wedding, baby shower, birthday, and cocktail party needs!

No comments: